Safety and Risk Assessment in D&T: Product description
Our new safety module covers a broad range of safety issues in D&T in an engaging and learner friendly way.
The package contains safety resources that include:
- HTML safety notes and exercises for use with computers and VLEs
- animations of hazardous situations, personal protective equipment (PPE) etc.
- animated flash cards of safety signs
- risk assessment exercises
- PDF versions of all notes and exercises for easy printing of booklets and worksheets, including:
- 12 page safety booklet
- 10 safety exercises
- 6 pages of risk assessment exercises
- 26 page safety sign booklet that can be cut, laminated and turned into safety sign flash cards
- safety related technology, including, damage tolerance, loads, forces, factor of safety.
Safety and Risk Assessment in Design and Technology covers:
- a description of safety legislation and safety law and how it applies to schools
- designers’ safety responsibility
- students' safety responsibility
- personal protective equipment (PPE), including examples of PPE requirements in various situations
- risk assessments
- safety rules and defined procedures
- hazard warnings and instructions
- safe materials
- safe storage of materials
- safe storage of tools
- tool safety
- safety features on tools
- safe working practices
- safe working area
- product safety, including product safety legislation
- basic workshop safety rules
- damage tolerance
- factor of safety
- 10 safety exercises which include risk assessments of 62 situations.
The learning objectives are that students will:
- recognise hazards in a D&T workshop environment
- respond appropriately to safety rules, signs and other safety instructions
- report hazards and where appropriate to assess the risks and take action to minimise or eliminate any risks to health and safety
- be able to carry out risk assessments of D&T tools, processes and environments.
- be able to recall knowledge of safety rules and risk assessments for tests and examinations.
Download links will be emailed to you/your school within 24 hours of receipt of your order.
The Safety and Risk Assessment in D&T package is available with a Single User Licence for use at home on a stand-alone PC, and with a Site Licence for use in schools and colleges.